Join us for an event in which Voices for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons honours Youth Fusion with the 2022 Gorbachev / Shultz Youth Legacy Award. The event is being held on the UN International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons at 11am Pacific time (USA) / 2pm Eastern Time (USA) / 8pm Central Europe Time.
- click here to register
On August 6, Voices for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons announced Youth Fusion as the winners of the 2022 Gorbachev/Shultz Legacy Youth Award. Voices for a Nuclear Weapon Free World is a Cooperation Circle of United Religions Initiative.
The award recognises Youth Fusion’s leadership in advancing inter-generational cooperation on peace and disarmament, human rights aspects of the nuclear arms race, innovative and interactive methods to engage youth in nuclear disarmament issues, and for building connections and cooperation between peace, nuclear disarmament, climate action and public health.
Come to this event to be inspired by exciting youth and inter-generational programs and actions for peace and disarmament.
- Bishop William Swing (USA). President Emeritus of United Religions Initiative. Founding Member, Voices for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons;
- Vanda Proskova (Czech Republic). Vice-Chair, PragueVision Institute for Sustainable Security. Core Team Member, Youth Fusion;
- Marzhan Nurzhan (Kazakhstan). Basel Peace Office Deputy Director; Core Team Member, Youth Fusion.
- Michaela Higgins Sørensen (Mozambique/Denmark). PNND Gender, Peace and Security Program Director. Core Team Member, Youth Fusion.
- Nico Edwards (Sweden). International Relations PhD Student, University of Sussex; Core Team Member, Youth Fusion.
- Ivan Siluianov (Russia). Intern, Youth Fusion; Research Intern at the Center for Foreign Policy and Peace Research at Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey.
For more information on the 2022 Award to youth Fusion see Youth Fusion wins the Gorbachev/Shultz Legacy Youth Award.
“As the world faces the horrors of climate change, poverty, inequality, degradation and violence around the world, Youth Fusion is organising and amplifying the voices of youth, that need to be heard and heeded if the world is to survive.”
Ela Gandhi, Co-President of Religions for Peace and grand-daughter of Mahatma Gandhi.
Scottish Parliament welcomes the award to Youth Fusion
On August 22, Bill Kidd MSP, supported by 17 additional members of parliament, lodged a motion in the Scottish Parliament welcoming the Voices Gorbachev/Shultz Legacy Youth Award being given to Youth Fusion.
“Youth Fusion’s aim and intension is to inform, educate, connect and engage their fellow young citizens across the globe has been a success, but further through their innovation, hard work, determination and intelligence they’ve achieved a growing influence across the age ranges and the international body politic. As a parliamentarian it has been my privilege to interact with, and yes to learn from, the membership of Youth Fusion. My colleagues and I are delighted that Youth Fusion has been recognised as winners of the 2022 Gorbachev/Shultz, Voices Youth Award.”
Bill Kidd MSP, Convenor of the Scottish Parliament Cross Party Group on Nuclear Disarmament; Co-President of Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament (PNND)
“Youth Fusion’s passion for a sustainable future is expressed in a level of professionalism and moral clarity lacking in the conduct of the world’s most powerful nations. They persist in producing more weaponry and failing to fulfill their disarmament commitments. Youth Fusion supports and produces practical proposals that increase global security and inspire.”
Jonathan Granoff, President of Global Security Institute.